It’s time for the weekly Fayette Government Update! Next week is when local candidates will be turning in their qualification paperwork, and guess what? I’m running for Town Council again!
Fayette Board of Education
2pm Work Session
- COVID presentation – https://simbli.eboardsolutions.com/Meetings/Attachment.aspx?S=4067&AID=1295484&MID=94579
- ESPLOST referendum planned for the May 2022 primary – https://simbli.eboardsolutions.com/Meetings/Attachment.aspx?S=4067&AID=1294795&MID=94579
- We’ll see with this upcoming ESPLOST vote how many voters really feel that their trust was abused over the last ESPLOST building projects….
- Preview of upcoming millage rate process – https://simbli.eboardsolutions.com/Meetings/Attachment.aspx?S=4067&AID=1294791&MID=94579
- Bottom line: People voted for tax relief last year in the form of a new homestead exemption. Looks like the School System is going to treat that exemption as a way to raise the millage rate while keeping our tax bills (for this year) the same. They are still addicted to spending, as evidenced by the fact that their current budget has expenditures $10m over revenue. This can’t last.
PTC Planning Commission
Fayette County Water Committee
Fayette Board of Commissioners
- Waterline Extension Policy
- Bid for the construction of both the Crosstown and South Fayette Water Treatment Plants Hoseless Solids Collection Systems to the low bidder
- Lighting at McCurry Park Soccer fields
- Public Works Engineer of Record Task Order #36
- Country Lake Estates Stormwater Replacement
Tyrone Planning Commission
- Rezoning of various tracts. Mostly from AR to R-12, one from R-12 to C-1