Hello, everyone! Time for another Government Update! The big one this time, as often, is Board of Education. Weeks away from the beginning of the fall semester, and there are still questions! And, there’s that budget!
Fayette County Board of Education virtual meeting (https://www.fcboe.org/Page/3394)
- Public comments
- FY2021 Budget presentation
- Total Revenues $218.7 million
- Total Expenditures $228.8 million
- State funding appears to be $10 million less than last year
- Expenditures are $609,700 less than last year
- Covid19 Update
- Building projects at schools
- Updates on new classroom technology
- Estimate for $650,000 to install new ionizing air purifiers in school air systems that do not have them
- Report on student recovery during summer schooling
- Developing a new five year facilities plan by March 2021
- Financial Reports
Fayette County Board of Commissioners
- Petition to rezone 3.005 acres to develop one single-family residential lot on Goza Road
- FEMA/GEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant to replace the emergency generator for the Crosstown Water Treatment Plant.
- Signalized R-CUT and roundabout for SR-92 and Hampton Road intersection improvements in Woolsey.
- Renewing the annual bid for asphalt services for fiscal year 2021, with a not-to-exceed contract amount of $1,571,000.