Hello, everyone! Time for another quick Fayette Government Update! School opens NEXT WEEK! And there’s a lot on the agenda for this afternoon’s Board of Education Work Session!
FC Board of Education Work Session at 2pm
- Livestream at https://www.fcboe.org/Page/3394
- Thermal Imaging Cameras
- Amending “Strategic Waivers” in the contract with the state school system
- Millage Rate discussion (https://simbli.eboardsolutions.com/Meetings/Attachment.aspx?S=4067&AID=1179638&MID=87019)
- Public Hearings: August 17th @ noon, August 17th @ 6pm, and August 24th @ 6pm
- County Commission Approval – August 27th @ 6:30pm
- Net tax digest increased 4.48%
- Rollback rate calculated at 18.654 mills.
- Proposed rate is 19.150 mills (Decrease from previous year’s rate, but still means increased $$$ from homeowners)
- Tax increase for real property: Average $325,000 homestead property – $63.49 increase for the year. Average $275,000 non-homestead property – $54.56 increase for the year
- Schoology Update
- Pathways in Advanced Academics, CTE, Fine Arts, and World Languages
- Proposed calendar revision – https://simbli.eboardsolutions.com/Meetings/Attachment.aspx?S=4067&AID=1179804&MID=87019
- Induction program for new teachers
- Strategic plan, goals, performance
- Facilities update:
- LaFayette Educational Center – Plans are being developed to renovate Technology Services this fall.
- Oak Grove Elementary – Interior renovation work should be completed by the start of school. Teachers have begun setting up their classrooms.
- JC Booth Middle (New) – Footing installation is 100% complete. Concrete slab work has begun. Parking lot curbs have been poured. Steel erection began last week.
- JC Booth Middle (Existing) Modernization/Renovation – Interior renovation work in the west wing should be completed by the start of school. Teachers have begun setting up their classrooms.
- Starr’s Mill High Aviation Lab – Renovation work has been completed and equipment has been delivered.
- COVID-19 Update
- 2021 Final Budget Adoption
Peachtree City Planning Commission
- Rezoning of about 77.6 acres on SR 54 near Governors Square and Peachtree Ct
Peachtree City Council Called Meeting – Millage Rate Hearing
- No details available yet, probably available later this week
Fayette County Planning Commission
Tyrone Planning Commission