Hello, everyone! Time for another Fayette Government Update! We’ll be jumping into October with Education and city/town council meetings! I’m curious about this “Inman Property Consideration” from the school board. And if you’re in the market for surplus Fords, Fayetteville is putting them on the auction block! Early voting is two weeks away!
7pm Fayette Board of Education
- SAT Scores, Covid-19 update
- Financial report – Pg 4 of the report, towards the bottom, it looks like they are expecting to run a deficit: https://simbli.eboardsolutions.com/Meetings/Attachment.aspx?S=4067&AID=1204565&MID=88237
- Equal Opportunity policy revisions
- Inman Property Consideration
- LaFayette Educational Center – Plans are being developed to renovate technology services this fall.
- Oak Grove Elementary – The contractor is working on the punch list. The majority of the landscaping has been installed. The sidewalk to the walking track has been installed.
- J.C. Booth Middle (New) – The steel erection continues. The under slab plumbing and electrical continues. The pouring of concrete slabs should begin next week. The trees along Stagecoach Road have been cleared for utility installation.
- J.C. Booth Middle Modernization – Work on the roof and HVAC replacement continues.
Fayette County Zoning Board of Appeals
Peachtree City Planning Commission
Fayetteville City Council
- Bid Award – Stonewall Avenue Downtown Improvements
- Municipal Court Judge Nomination – Selection to be announced at meeting
- Consider Items for Surplus – two Ford Rangers and one Ford Expedition from Community Development, and also multiple computers and accessories. These items will be auctioned on Gov Deals website in mid-October.
PTC City Council
- Budget Amendments for Fiscal Year 2021
- Planning Commission Appointments
- Public Hearing – Variance for 1009 Saranac Park for Rear Setback Encroachment
- Authorization to Purchase Aerial Fire Apparatus ($1,132,950.00, discounted as it was a lightly used manufacturer demonstration model, cost covered by 2017 SPLOST)
- Step 1 Annexation Request – 52 Acres at the end of Old Stagecoach Road and off of Spear Road
- Amend Animal Control Ordinance and TNVR Policy – Updating city policy to match recent county updates
Tyrone Town Council
- A plaque under the 2010 donated tree located at Veterans Park from the Fayette-Starr’s Mill Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
- An MOU from the University of Georgia for 100% reimbursed Planning & Zoning Internship.
- An amendment to the Atlanta Regional Commission’s, Livable Centers Initiative.
- Intergovernmental Agreement with Fayette County for conducting the municipal election.
- An update to the Town’s Credit Card Policy
- Comprehensive update to the Town’s Procurement Policy
Fayette County Planning Commission